Thursday, January 3, 2008

Dance Update

I'm still trying to plug through Dance to the Music of Time - 1st Movement. I'll be honest - I couldn't care less about this book. Which is unfortunate, because after reading it for a month, I'm only about 1/8 of the way through the book. I don't care about the characters, I don't care about their lives, or what happens to them. I had intended to read one movement per year, but have decided to change my approach and read one book (3 books in a movement) per month, so that I should be done by the end of the year. Then I won't have to dread what is coming as I work my way through the Modern Library's list...like I do with Henry James. At night I think to myself, oh God please just let Wings of the Dove be better than that scourage of the earth, The Ambassadors. It still is an irritating mystery to me how The Ambassadors made it on the list, and not To Kill A Mockingbird.

No comments: