Monday, November 3, 2008

Charm School

I readily admit I like to watch absolute and utter crap on television...especially all the VH1 reality shows. I revel in them. It's really sad, I know, and sometimes I feel a little guilty about how much pleasure it gives me to watch these shows, but I love it.

So, the latest one is Charm School with the girls from Rock of Love, which was the Bret Michaels dating show. (Can I tell you how much it annoys me that he's Bret with only one 't'?) Anyway. They had a pervious version of Charm School with the girls from the Flavor Flav show. It's like watching Lord of the Flies, if Lord of the Flies had been about strippers instead of school boys.

Anyway, the girl that got kicked off last night, Megan, is Becky Sharp incarnate: manipulative, dishonest, opportunistic, amoral, etc.











If you watch these craptastic shows also (maybe that should be crack-tastic...because they're addictive), you have to read the blogs at VH1. They add a whole other dimension of sarcasm to the show that is really priceless. Yes, you too can download a recording "Shut up skank. You're stupid!" I know that is as important to you as it is to me.

And just a point of clarification - I don't watch The Pickup Artist. Even I have standards.


No comments: