Monday, August 31, 2009

Booking Through Thursday

Ok, so I've had other things to do, obviously, but I want to keep this blog ongoing...I know when bloggers I follow who post regularly disappear for periods of time, I worry - are they ok? But, I will write what I can when I can. Booking Through Thursday is an easy way to update here, even if I'm not really reading much right now.

Anyway, on to the question:

What’s the lightest, most “fluff” kind of book you’ve read recently?

Well, I haven't finished it, and it's not "fluff" in the way that most people mean fluff. I've been reading Joshua Ferris's And Then We Came to the End for a while now...not really getting very far in it, but picking it up every now and then, reading a dozen or so pages and then putting it down for a few weeks. I really like it...perhaps the Office Space for readers. Having worked in a cubicle land for a year, I can definately relate. So far, the scene when the one character takes a co-worker's (who has been let go) shelves and ends up having to give them back, along with a chair he had traded someone for - that stuff happens. During my time in cubicleland, I wanted a different chair. And you couldn't just go to another department with an empty desk with the good chair and trade. No - each department had gotten their own slot of types of chairs, and I was out of luck. Fortunately, eventually someone in my own department retired, and I took her chair, but there was still a "I don't know if we're allowed to do this..." stink. We also weren't allowed to have our own coffee maker. We had our own small refridgerator & microwave, but even that was kind of rogue - if we (as a department) ever moved to a different part of the building, we would have to get rid of it because it was a type of contraband. Ridiculous. But this is the closest I can get to fluff.
But yeah, it's good...maybe I'll finish it by the end of the year!

No comments: