Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Missing Blogger

Ok...I cannot believe it's been a month since I last posted. I'm such a bad blogger lately.

I'm still plugging away through Howards End and I, Claudius. I do what I can in between work, investigating starting my own jewelry business, buying new clothes (because I'm a mom now, and almost 29, and I feel strange still wearing the same graphic t-shirts I wore in college), closing on a house (which has involved more attorney fuck ups than should be allowed by law) AND a 7 month old with a runny nose who likes to eat my bookmarks. I am not kidding about eating my bookmarks.

I don't have much to say about either of those books. I'm nominally enjoying both, but neither are page-turners, so I find myself wanting to practice some yoga or research jewelry than picking up either one. It's so frustrating to get down to the end of this list, to see the finish line, and know that it's doable in a normal year - or what a normal year used to be - and get stalled here. My goal is finish both this month, so watch for posts in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Robby Virus said...

I know exactly what you're going through...the missing blogger syndrome. You're doing well, though...I went AWOL for months! Sometimes life just gets in your way like that, and it doesn't help when the books you're reading are just OK. Hang in there though, and you'll hit an upswing again. And maybe you should stop using such tasty bookmarks!

SocrMom78 said...

I just wrapped up an uninspiring Forster book too ("A Room with a View") and am still wondering how in the hell a 204 page book could take two weeks. I feel your pain!!!

Live your life! Don't worry about blogging all the time. That way when you do blog it's quality stuff (and exciting for the rest of us to hear from you!!! :)