Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Women in Love - Initial Thoughts

Women in Love so far:

A small action happens so that the characters can pontificate on bullshit. Example: Birkin and Hermione come into Ursula’s classroom and then they pontificate about education corrupting our animal natures and spontaneity, or some such bullshit. Rupert and Gerald get on a train and pontificate about religion, smashing life, living for something, love etc. Ursula and Gundrun go for a walk and pontificate about, well, I don't remember what about because it was that uninteresting. And that's just the first 50 pages.

Yeah, this is going to be a long one.

1 comment:

Robby Virus said...

I read this book in college. I remember nothing about it, except that as soon as I finished it I realized I remembered nothing about it. Good luck.